Do you need dental treatment but have some preconceived notions about orthodontics that are not accurate? There are new orthodontic treatments that can make your experience easier, faster and more comfortable than ever before. Your Dublin, CA, orthodontist Dr. Dante Gonzales, specializing in braces and Invisalign, helps patients better understand their options and provides an accurate overview of all concerns in regards to orthodontics. Learn more about the facts surrounding orthodontic care and treatment from your orthodontist in Dublin, CA.
- A common misconception is that orthodontists and dentists perform the same procedures. Both can help you maintain your oral health. However, dentists help with cleaning, cavity and gum disease treatments. An orthodontist in Dublin is seen if children or adults would like to align their teeth, as well as handling complex extractions and surgery related to severe gum disease.
- Another preconceived belief is that only children wear orthodontics. While you may see children in the waiting room, adults young and old often seek orthodontic treatment. Typically 20 percent of orthodontic patients are adults. Someone can seek orthodontic treatment at any age due to a variety of factors that can cause a misalignment of teeth and bite.
- Many adults and children think that orthodontics are obvious to others. Adults and teens are concerned about their appearance. Many adults do not want to go to the office or engage with colleagues with a mouth full of metal brackets. Teens are self-conscious and concerned about what their peers might say. Metal braces, while still available, are not the only option to align crooked teeth. Invisalign and other orthodontic treatments can be virtually invisible to casual observers. Your orthodontic office in Dublin, CA, can help you may the right choice for your oral health needs.
- Orthodontics are too expensive. With the many orthodontic options and payment plans available, orthodontic treatments have become an affordable option. A consultation at our office with one of our experienced professionals can help you make your preferred orthodontic choice fit within your budget.
- Braces are painful and take years to create the desired result. After initial adjustments to an orthodontic, braces can be comfortably worn and results can be achieved in less than a year depending on the individual case and type of orthodontic chosen. Those that are considering braces or Invisalign may want to consider all of the options and learn how to care for their braces and oral health with their orthodontist in Dublin.
Treatment from an experienced orthodontist and consistent orthodontic care can help you achieve the straight teeth you desire. Dr. Dante Gonzales in Dublin, CA, has transformed more than 10,000 smiles since 1998. Call 925.828.2244 to schedule an appointment at Dante Gonzales Orthodontics, your orthodontics office in Dublin, CA, to learn more about current orthodontic treatment options.